Friday, September 24, 2010

I wouldn't have missed it.

Oops, I guess I didn't come back yesterday!  Time flies when you're procrastinating, eh?

This weekend I got to fly up to Indianapolis for the wedding of one of my oldest friends.  Silja and I have known each other since first (or second, the reports differ!) grade.  The wedding was absolutely beautiful; Matt's (Silja's husband) parents have a lovely large backyard with a pond surrounded by reeds, which are surrounded by woods.  A dock in the pond made one of the most beautiful wedding backdrops I've ever seen!


And can I just say, I LOVED the bouquets!  Silja said that when she talked to the florist she asked for white hydrangeas and she liked the greet button mums.  This is what he came up with:


Other thrills:

BIG HAIR!  That was exciting.  The hair dresser teased my entire head of hair before putting it in an asymmetrical french twist.  Then she hairsprayed it within an inch of it's life.  When I pulled out the many bobby pins, my hair stood straight back from my  head.  It was awesome!

I got lost everywhere I went. I am totally impaired when it comes to directions.  The wedding?  It was in the middle of Timbuktu, a 15 minute drive from the nearest town.  At one point Silja called to find out where I was, and I told her, "I feel like I've gone too far... oh.  I'm in Logansport."  Well, Logansport is about 18 miles in the opposite direction I should have been driving (and remember, my destination was another 15 minutes past where I started).  A few speed limits may or may not have been broken on this trip.  I'm not telling.

I realized.... I like my family.  I was really looking forward to getting away, to relaxing and being by myself... but I missed them.  Sleeping in a king size bed without my husband really was not that great.  And to top it off, since I'm accustomed to getting a herd of cats out the door every time I go anywhere, without them I was ALWAYS LATE!  Seriously!  I thought I had so much time, since it was just me, so I would let myself get sidetracked...

It was a fun weekend.  I got to meet some wonderful new people, and catch up with Silja's family, whom I've known since childhood, but haven't seen in ten or so years.

And as far as resting, even though I was exhausted from a crazy three days, I was SO ready to be with my family. 

Congratulations, Silja and Matt!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so what would it take to get to see a picture of this post updo hair?

    ReplyDelete