Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Difference of Opinion

So I really like the new beds we got, as do the kids.  Brian thinks we paid too much for them (they came as a set with the hutch/dresser for $400) but I disagree.  As the person who has been pricing these suckers, I think I'm qualified to say that for solid wood pieces, we got a great price, even if they're not in perfect condition.

I was really surprised that Nathan fell asleep on the top bunk with no fanfare... I really was expecting some fear and trepidation, or at least some pretend fear for our benefit, but nope.  He's all good. 

The second night he slept up there, we heard a HUGE thud around 9:30 and took off at a sprint up the stairs.  He had JUMPED down to use the restroom.  We both just about had a heart attack!

Yesterday I told them I wanted to paint the set and asked what color they'd like.  I was envisioning some lovely soft grays or taupes, a la The Nester with bold details inspired by the houses here in New Orleans. But alas, both my children really like "the nice brown color."

Brian reminded me that the beds are "brand new to them", and if I wait a few months, they'll probably be more on board.  I'm counting on it, 'cause when I saw these, I immediately pictured them painted!  Crazy kids with their own opinions!

2 comments:

  1. yep, those pesky opinions. Though, when they say my dress looks pretty, it means all that much more these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that $400 was a great deal for solid wood bunkbed with a dresser and a hutch! Great find!
    I think waiting a few months to paint them makes sense too. Take your time finding just the right color because they are HUGE and the wrong color on something that big is a disaster. Ha! No pressure! ;)

    ReplyDelete