We are half way through Birthday Week here in the Chatty household. I am TIRED! This year, Nathan's birthday fell on Monday, and Brenna's is on Friday, which has effectively made our whole week a mess! We have a house full of food that is normally off limits, and new toys that, for this week, are being allowed to take precedence over taking care of the house. We are slowly working our way back to our normal routine, but really, I can't wait for next week!
Sunday, we had a crazy (CRAZY!) day, teaching Sunday School in the morning, bringing a bunch of boys home from church with us for a party, then heading to our life group after it was done.
Monday we relaxed for Nathan's birthday, played with new toys, did a little school, but mostly just hung out. Oh, and I let the kids watch a bunch of TV since I wanted Nathan's actual birthday to be special too, but I was done. Just DONE.
So there's today, then tomorrow, then Brenna's special day.
It was fun to talk with Nathan about how his birthday is special for me too, because this is the anniversary of the day he came out of my tummy! That got a big hug for me.
TMI ALERT!
(That's 'Too Much Information' for you old people.)
Men, stop reading now if you're squeamish.
Okay, I warned you!
I was extra tired because The Curse decided to show up NINE DAYS LATE. Needless to say, the extra stress really added to the festivities. Ladies, have you noticed that the side effects are worse when you're late? That was my experience. Crying all day long one day, then bad cramps all day the next. Ugh.
So. I'm pretty sure next week will be more relaxing, though I'm sure my kids will start on oh, Saturday, planning for next year!
I hear you on the immediate planning for next year! I can imagine how it felt to be late at such a crazy time. Another one?!? :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like "Birthday week" is like a mini Christmas around your house...I'll bet you will be so happy to have it over with!
ReplyDelete