When Nathan asks a complicated question, I can generally assume we’ll cover several subjects in just a few minutes! Today he asked why people go in different doors at Bible Study. Pretty simple, right? Well, I answered that the women who have kids go in one door, and the women who don’t bring children go straight into the meeting room.
So how come those other ladies don’t bring their children?
So we talked about women who don’t have children and moms with older kids and grandmas. The idea that grandmas have lives apart from their grandkids was new for my little guy! When kids grow up and move into their own houses, grandmas get to do what they like.
When Nathan grows up and moves into his own house, it’s going to be a great house!
So I asked him if he knew that different houses cost different amounts to live in. Big houses cost more than little houses. I asked what kind of house he thought he would live in someday.
His response was awesome! He said that he would need money to get a house, so he’ll have to get a job. Then he added that he’ll have to work at that job for awhile, because he’ll need to save up some money first in order to be able to buy a house! I was floored. My four year old gets it! I love finding out what he understands. I think I’ll wait ‘til he’s a little older before I explain just how long he’ll have to work to save up for a house…
Children are so amazing...
ReplyDelete