Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!" - A Rant

I am frustrated. Today my children decided that obedience is optional.

Brenna took a stand this morning over GETTING SOCKS OUT OF A DRAWER! She was repeatedly disciplined because she would not do it. I finally had to walk her through it. This was actually only one of the several issues she fought for today. Two is rearing its ugly head (I'm sorry, that's two-an-half as I am repeatedly corrected).

Nathan spent the day challenging my directions. For instance, he asked me if he could trap Brenna in a box. I said no. Then he asked me if it would be okay if she said it was okay. I said no. Then he asked what if she comes and ASKS him to trap her inside the box. Aaarg! I asked him who is in charge, Mom or Brenna. So if I give one direction, and Brenna gives another, whom should he obey?

We've been reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and all day long I have wanted to scream "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!"

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a challenging day for sure...your reaction to it is hilarious:)

    ReplyDelete