Sunday, March 1, 2009

Where my treasure is....

Warning: if you can't deal with messes, you shouldn't read this!

Today when we got home from church, Brian and I did our usual walk of the backyard to see what changes the rain and sun have brought. It's one of our favorite times to just hang out together, and we started pulling some weeds (we've found this task much easier right after the rain). After 15 or so minutes of playing outside, Brenna decided to sit smack in the middle of the dirt pile. In her black velvet church dress. A very dirty child was summarily escorted back to the house to stay out of the mud. Brian and I went back to pulling weeds, commenting that we really ought to go back in and make sure the house was still standing.

When we finally went back in, I noticed my jewelry bag, the one I use for travel, on the floor. Not good. Yesterday we took my diamond studs and necklace to the jeweler to be checked for the warranty. The bag was empty, of course. We stopped everything to find the missing jewelry. One earring and the necklace were easy (as were the other items in the bag, nothing of actual value) but one earring was still missing. Want to see where we finally found it?


Can you see it?
That would be under Brenna's chair at the dinner table. It's been a couple days since i've swept!

No comments:

Post a Comment