Thursday, November 11, 2010

7 Quick Takes, A Day Early

So, I know I've mentioned a time or three how hard Isaac is.  Well, Isaac being hard has been the theme this week.  So in honor of 7 Quick takes Friday, I will list seven thing that Isaac has done with the express intent of giving me a heart attack this week.

1.  I talked with a very lovely woman at Poison Control after Isaac swallowed 6 to 8 (I think) allergy pills.  Apparently, with this particular pill, he would have had to swallow 13 (THIRTEEN!) in order to require an emergency room visit.  Afterwards, he took a four hour nap, which was awesome, except for the expected concern and frequent trips upstairs to make sure he was, you know, breathing and stuff.

2.  He BROKE the cabinet latch.  The one designed to keep HIM out of the cabinet that holds Brian's tools, our art supplies and my camera (consequently, in a fit of frustration, he threw an 18 inch long screwdriver at me when I tried to get it from him).

3.  I've had to put the stool that Brenna uses to wash her hands on top of the kid's hutch to keep Isaac from using it to further endanger himself or our belongings.  I made this decision after he used his fingers to dig into Brian's deoderent and eat it.

4.  He also uses the now out-of-reach stool to flip the light switches, which is fun and usually harmless.  Except when the best light switches are at the top of the stairs.  There's nothing like coming around a corner to find your toddler stretched up on his tip toes on a stool six inches from a flight of stairs.

5.  More about that stool:  earlier this week I found him digging through the caddy with all our toiletries on it (and allergy pills, apparently).  When I told him to get down, he shoved me, pointed out the bathroom door, and in his firmest voice, yelled, "Go-Go!"

6.  On the upside, he's really getting the hang of sorting the silverware!  And un-sorting board games.


7.  This morning, I accidentally grabbed Brian's keys instead of my own.  He keeps a vial of his medication attached to his keyring.  When I turned around to lock the front door, I dropped them. As fast as Brian does it, Isaac screwed the top off the vial and had a pill in his mouth.  You better believe that boy was pinned to the floor before he knew what had hit him.  It hadn't made it past his lips, yet.

So.  On my agenda today is finding some way to lock up every medication in the house (thankfully, there aren't many) and also finding a safe, but convenient place to relocate the keyrings.  Prayer would be very much appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. It really isn't fair. I am so sorry, Miranda! I mean, I know he's adorable and innocent, but that is a LOT of mischievousness to keep in line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! You have your hands FULL! I am praying for your sanity and his life;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! I am exhausted just reading this! prayers coming your way today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! He's an active and determined little boy. I would definitely be needing a nap if I were you. Praying for you two!

    ReplyDelete