Saturday, June 20, 2009

Big Mouth!

Brian took the kids shopping for my birthday present yesterday. He walked in the door with warnings about it being A SURPRISE and DON'T TELL! Both kids came to me to tell me they had a surprise for my birthday and they CAN'T TELL ME WHAT IT IS!

It frustrates Brian to no end that he can never keep a secret from me. I almost always know what he gets me because I'm psychic (he thinks). Mostly I can just read my husband like a book, so if I ask a question the answer is obvious.

So the kids were great. They didn't tell even though they're excited.

Last night as I was cooking dinner, Brenna wandered in to check out what I was doing, beg for food, and inspect the kitchen magnets.

As she's studying our refrigerator, she just asks what's on her mind: "Mama, what's a m-p-tee payerd?"

I was still giggling when Brian walked in the door a few minutes later. Foiled AGAIN!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha!!!! That is so funny! Poor Brian...maybe he should go without the kids next time:) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete