Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Miscellany 04.12.2011

This morning, Brenna caught her finger in her bike helmet buckle.  Then she cut through her shirt and her skin with her scissors.  Tonight, she somehow collided with out neighbor so that his teeth left a substantial gash in the side of her head.  It's been a rough day to be Brenna.

*****

We sleep with three pillows on our bed.   One for each of our heads (obviously) and one that we call my Boyfriend, or alternately, "Phil". Last night, Brian cuddled up to me, so that he was laying on Phil; I told him, "you're going to fall asleep on my boyfriend, so that I can't have him when I want him." 

My mind was going a million miles an hour, so by the time I was calm and ready to fall asleep, Brian was asleep and I was laying on Phil.  But clearly, somewhere in the back of his head, Brian remembered what I had said.  He rolled over, yanked the pillow out from under MY head and handed it to me. Then he apologized. For falling asleep on the pillow, NOT for yanking it out from under me. I could not. stop. giggling.

I have wished since the beginning of my marriage that I would get it together and keep a journal next to my bed for the sole purpose of writing down the things Brian has said and done in his sleep. So here's to a new tradition!

*****

Whenever I have to list hobbies, on Facebook, or whatever, I write "sewing".  I think I'm going to start writing "seam ripping" instead. I do a whole lot more of that.

*****


Speaking of sewing (or more precisely, seam ripping): Brenna's quilt.  Just shoot me now.  I don't think that thing is EVER GOING TO GET DONE.  And it has caused me to hate my sewing machine. 

3 comments:

  1. Your post was hilarious, and gave me the opportunity to laugh (a lot) after a long, crazy day. Just what I needed!

    I also sleep with an extra pillow. Never thought to name it though. I may have to give that some thought...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post, Miranda! You are so good at writing like this!

    p.s. hoping you make up with your sewing machine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! Love you and am so looking forward to meeting Phil and seeing you all!

    ReplyDelete