Today Nathan and I were talking about (of all things) the gender roles of women in other cultures (have I mentioned that this kid asks a lot of questions?). He asked me for a specific example, and I, as usual, couldn't come up with something when put on the spot. I told him, "I can't think of anything off the top of my head."
"Do you have anything at the bottom of your head?"
Hmmm....
*****
Paisley loves Brian's shoes. She loves all of the shoes she finds, but she curls up and sleeps on top of Brian's with her mouth open, so that her tongue is against the inside. Yum.
*****
I was totally craving mashed potatoes earlier this week, during my monthly bout of insanity. So I made A TON. And they're now sitting in the fridge, because my kids won't eat them unless under duress. I think we'll be eating Shepherd's Pie tonight.
*****
I've ordered our literature supplies for the rest of the school year, and little by little, they're arriving. New books! And the one day that I didn't put the RING THE DOORBELL AND DIE!!! sticker out, the guy rang the doorbell. I would get a plaque if it weren't that the schedule is not consistent throughout babyhood.
*****
Isaac and Paisley are sort of hysterical together. Isaac is so strong willed, I haven't figured out how to enforce appropriate behavior with the pup. Consequently, our day goes like this:
Isaac attacks Paisley.
Paisley attacks Isaac.
Isaac cries.
I come to the rescue, separate the offending parties, calm everyone down.
Isaac attacks Paisley.
*****
Speaking of Isaac, he's calming down!! Sort of. This week, he discovered that the tops come off of the six inch gutter drain thingies. Our toy car bucket has been reduced by about half.
I feel the need to note, though, that we cleaned out toys in a massive way last weekend. So the toys now floating somewhere underground? Those were the few we wanted to KEEP.
While I was on the phone lamenting the situation to a friend's voice mail (so that I would not lament the situation to my toddler at top volume), Isaac was pulling the keys off my computer keyboard. So if you notice anyplace that an "r" is missing, it's because that one is broken and wobbly now.
Also, I got the requisite Toddler With Lipstick All Over His Face Picture yesterday. He was cute, I have one of each of the kids, and he didn't ruin the lipstick, though (like Brenna did for her picture), so I'm not holding that one against him.
*****
I think there's a huge benefit to having a puppy while having a toddler. Bodily fluids are such a part of my daily existence, that another creature having accidents on the floor doesn't even phase me.
*****
So things are kind of busy around here, what with the new puppy and all, however, our floor has never been cleaner! Since Paisley thinks anything left on the floor is hers by default, it all get picked up. And put on a counter or table. So if you come to my house, just stare at the floor, and you'll think I have this thing figured out! But you might run screaming from the house if you happen to glance at any other surfaces.
Happy New Year, Y'all!
What a fun post, Miranda! I'm still smiling.
ReplyDeleteHi Miranda,
ReplyDeleteJust had to take a moment to say how much we're enjoying your stories. Not sure what's more interesting, the content about which you're writing or your writing style (which is a real gift). Thanks for the update and entertainment.
I love you, I miss you, I hope to see you soon!!! One way or another...!!!
ReplyDeleteI am still trying to figure out how come my post works sometimes, but not others! I love you and miss you!!
ReplyDelete