I feel like I'm going a million miles an hour lately, but I leave my house like twice a week. I've been working like crazy on Brenna's quilt. I find that I get super motivated, then I burn out and don't touch it for a while.
I have noticed that I seem to be an oddity in that I work on only one sewing project at a time. So for the last two years that I've been making these quilts, I haven't touched anything else.
Saturday, Brian asked me to make the kids trick-or-treat bags. I told him, "I can't. I'm working on Brenna's quilt." He asked me to anyway. Can I just say, it was SO HARD to wrap my mind around starting something different? Especially since I was MOTIVATED! Like, how often does that happen? And besides, as I've mentioned before, I like to make everything harder than it needs to be. A lot harder. Halloween pillowcases. That's what I'm making. Halloween pillowcases.
I started looking at super cute lined tote patterns online. I showed one to Brian, and he said, "NO." In his firm voice. Good thing he knows me so well. Halloween pillowcases.
After another interrupted plantation tour (next time we'll go in shifts. Isaac will NOT be in attendance.), we headed to the fabric store to let the kids pick out some Halloween fabric.
Brenna chose the "pupple", Nathan, the Jack-o-Lanterns, and I chose the glittery orange and black for Isaac because I couldn't get either of the other two to pick it.
I spent probably 30 minutes on each, and only made them a little bit harder. I take that back, Isaac's was quite a bit harder, but that was because the fabric was directional. In the wrong direction. So I had to piece it a bit. And iron. Oh, and I made it almost to the end without having to rip a stitch! It was amazing! Then I accidentally put Isaac's handle an inch or so off to the side. Oops. I hadn't cut it yet, but I was SO CLOSE to completing a project without having to rip a seam! Bummer.
So there ya go. We're ready to go beg strangers to give us something I don't want my kids to have. It's gonna be great :)

Your bags turned out great!!!
ReplyDeleteIt is okay to have more than one project going at one time! (Repeat)
;)
Very nice bags - way nicer than I've seen. Go you! Have fun begging the candy. I gave my kids each 2 jelly beans that were given to me by a bloggy friend. I so regretted it that I threw the rest away. They go wild immediately. Yep, seriously.
ReplyDelete