I have a whole lot of little random things rattling around my brain lately. I keep thinking I should write a post about that.... but it would be one sentence. When I saw 7 Quick Takes Friday over at Conversion Diary, it was a little gift of brevity from God!
1. I've been getting ready to start our home school year all week. The curriculum I'm using is ordered, and I'm very excited about it, so our actual timeline will likely depend on when it gets here, since we'll probably just dive right in.
2. I'm contemplating, after these many years of using children as an alarm clock, getting my own. I KNOW! It sounds terrible. But there may be some relief in having my coffee before there are three little voices at the side of my bed making their imminent starvation my problem.
3. I've also been working on Brenna's quilt, and as I've mentioned a time or two, I like to make things harder than they were supposed to be. Due to my overestimation of my own abilities, I'm having a problem with the dimensions of the quilt. The style I chose moves around a lot. Anyhoo, I also don't really love the way it's all coming together. It makes me glad I'm getting all this learning out of the way while my children are young enough to think everything I make is THE COOLEST THING EVER!
4. Isaac is killing me. He is loud, insistent, obnoxiously stubborn, LOUD, he hits, he throws, he screams, he's fearless to the point of injury, and he's loud. All the time. If he's awake, I'm stressed. Definitely my hardest toddler. Then he smiles, and oh.my.word. He's beautiful. Charming. Such a gift. Then he throws his shoes at me.
5. It's been hot. Big surprise, right? So we've been traveling around the area finding things to do on the weekend just to get out of the house. We figure it's better to be hot someplace interesting.
A few weeks ago we went to Oak Alley Plantation. It was beautiful. The tour probably would have been better if the above mentioned toddler hadn't felt it was imperative to be louder than the guide at all times, causing the two of us to have to leave, much to the relief of the other paying customers.
This weekend we're going to New Orleans Museum of Art. It'll be the kids' first time at an art museum. Yay for culture!
6. I can't figure out what to do for the Brenna and Nathan's birthdays. I'm a little wary of inviting three or four six year old boys over to climb my walls for a couple hours, but it will be too hot to do anything outside and I'm not willing to pay several hundred dollars to rent a birthday party venue for a total of eight children. Anyone have any ideas for me?
7. Ummm...
We got a good coupon for a set of tires, which we will need reasonably soon.
Or,
I can't find a picture I like for the place of honor in my wall of pictures, so the frame is still empty. It's starting to bug me.
Oh, I know!
This week I wrote my to-do list on the white board, really big. It's awesome, because I can't ignore it! I have been so productive. Of course, that means that my children REALLY, REALLY need to use the white board that they've been ignoring all summer, because clearly it's the most desirable space in the house.
THE END


Love it! What a fun post. I can totally picture their instant love for the whiteboard! Our homeschool year starts day after tomorrow. We're all looking forward to the return to more structure. Oh, and I vote for the whole getting up earlier-than-them trial. My friend Laura finds it sets the tone for her whole day. Me, I ask Aria to fix them cereal if they can't wait for me to do my thing. OK, so there are SOME benefits to being baby-less. Some.
ReplyDelete