Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Who Says They Have the Best Food Here?

When we moved I had to give up my sourdough starter.  It was a sad day pouring that down the drain, but there was no way I could bring it.  So Brian and I have been on a mini-search (all inclusive of the stores we go to often!) to find some good sourdough.  A few weeks ago, Sam's club had ONE package of sourdough, which we brought home, made sandwiches with, then spilled water all over.  I almost cried. 

On Sunday, at our weekly trip to Sam's club, I decided to ask the bakery if they had any, since there wasn't any on the shelf.  A woman making an order kindly let me go in front of her to ask.  The answer was, of course, no, but as I turned to walk away, I heard the woman who was behind me ask, "what's that she's asking for?"  and I glanced over my shoulder to see the young lady at the counter, with a VERY dubious expression, gesture that it was a round loaf as she said, "you put filling or something in it".  And with a look of total distaste and a shrug, "some people like it".

Alrighty then.  A new starter is sitting on top of the refrigerator!

1 comment: