I think the grocery store is funny. People are so accustomed to just doing their thing, they aren't nearly as guarded as in other places. This only pertains to my post because I was thinking about all the random stuff that has happened in the grocery store.
Tonight I was studying the array of kleenex and toilet paper when two ladies stopped their cart next to me and walked away a few feet to study some other array of goods. Hanging off the back of the cart was a little girl, obviously four years old (they just have this look). So the moment her mom and grandmother's backs are turned, this young lady starts grabbing stuff out of the cart and hiding it among the shelves.
I kind of watched her out of the corner of my eye; she had that twinkle. She was playing a joke! It was clear by the way she watched them that she thought they would come back and ask her where the groceries had gone, and she would lead them on a hunt. Woo hoo!
Because I was a dorky kid with the same sense of humor, I knew this was going to backfire on her. As is to be expected, the ladies came back, grabbed the cart, and walked off. I turned and looked at her face as she realized they didn't miss the groceries!
I didn't want to get her in trouble, but that would be a frustrating thing to find out later, so I called out to the woman pushing the cart (the grandma... although I didn't know that until later) and whispered, "your little girl hid your groceries."
"What?"
She looked at me like I was speaking another language.
"Your little girl took your groceries out of your cart and hid them. She thinks she's being funny."
"Oh. Okay..." More bafflement.
I walked away thinking she thinks I'm insane. Oh well, I had to tell her!
I finished my shopping and got in line. When the ladies were looking for a line to get into, the one I spoke to came and said thank you. She still looked a little confused, and she explained that it was her grandaughter. I think she had no idea what to make of such mischief. As she walked away, I just laughed. I have one of my own; they are weird little creatures!
Ha ha ha!!! I can totally see that:)
ReplyDelete