I just had my personal best, most epic coffee spill.
I was sitting at the table, chair pulled in and everything. I should have been good, you know?
But then, my teething baby bit my leg.
He bit. my. leg.
I jerked, knocked over my cup, then watched a full (but luckily only warm) cup of coffee (I drink out of a REALLY BIG mug) cascade down my front, all over my jeans, and SHOWER over Benjamin's head. And as another example of how I shine in times of crisis, I sat there and watched, mentally gauging how hot the coffee was and what I should do if it burned him while I watched my precious coffee drip from the precious eyelashes of my precious baby.
One of my children (not sure which one, but someone who is obviously better at crisis management) brought me a towel before I was even out of my chair.
Benjamin was fine. Mad, but fine. He is particularly hostile right now about getting dressed and undressed, so I think that was his main complaint.
So. Benji has had a bath, we are both in fresh clothes, and I'm off to make another pot of coffee.
Aaaah, life. I did get a mental image of baby eyelashes that was quite pretty. Your children always have fantastic eyelashes!
ReplyDeleteYou could have just licked it off of him! I'm sure it would have made Benji laugh! :o) Love you!
ReplyDelete