Monday, December 17, 2012
Benjamin's Quilt
Last week, as I was thinking about the kids' Christmas gifts, I needed to come up with something for Benjamin. As the poor fourth kid, there is absolutely nothing he needs, but obviously we want to mark his first Christmas with something special.
I decided to make him a small quilt, just as fast as I possibly could... And I busted this sucker out in just a few days:
Sunday, I bought the fabric,
Monday, I cut and began piecing it,
Tuesday, I finished piecing it and made the quilt sandwich,
Wednesday, I quilted it, cut the binding... AND.... My iron died. IRON FAIL.
We left for Brian's company meeting, and my sweet sister gave me my kids and her iron on the way home, so Sunday, I bound it.
The quilt is backed in a cozy flannel that I found on Joann.com on Black Friday for $1.98 per yard. Score!
Finished size is 38x48
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Hurrah! It looks great. That flannel backing was such a find!
ReplyDeleteGreat job lucky Benjamin its a gift for life and for his children.LINDA
ReplyDelete