Hi all... or maybe none. I'm alive, really.
So I guess I should start with the obvious. I haven't blogged in a while because I've gotten myself (well, really, Brian got me) in the family way again. Between the tiredness and the moving, I found I just didn't have much I was ready to share. But I find the thoughts are returning. So here is my humble little re-start to our family journal.
I'm six months along now. Luckily, I have a good friend due on the same day with the mental capacity to keep track of how far along she/we are, otherwise I would have no idea! I'm pretty sure it's another boy, although we're all hoping for a girl and are choosing not to find out. This pregnancy was my hardest first trimester; my first experience with morning sickness. There were days where I wondered if I was ever going to be able to parent my little multitude again. Then we moved. Then we started school. I think we're finally back in a rhythm, which is also probably why somewhat coherent, if not perfectly thought out, ideas are returning!
Also, we're officially back in California, in our little house. People keep asking me if we're going to stay put now, and the best I have to offer is this: it would seem that God has groomed us for moving. There is nothing on the horizon that would suggest we'll be transplanted again anytime soon, but I'm not going to count on staying here. The boxes are folded neatly and put away, but we still have them, and periodically debate whether we should be so optimistic as to get rid of them :)
After five weeks of being home, I finally got my sewing machine set back up. I have two projects on the table, both dear to my heart, and I am so excited to continue working on them!
Nathan is in second grade, and Brenna is officially a Kindergartener! It's fun and interesting to see what she's picked up over the last two years, and what she completely ignored....
Isaac is still a handful. That's all there is to say about that. Well, and that I'm trying to really actively parent him, something that I think I really slacked off on because it just felt too hard.
Here we are, in all our imperfect glory. Enjoying the mundane, while it lasts.
Nice to hear from you this way again, Miranda. I was thinking of you this morning. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're back to blogging! I always enjoy reading your updates. And now that you've announced it, I can officially 'congratulate' you. Congratulations on your growing little one!
ReplyDelete