Friday, May 15, 2009

It Totally Works... In Theory

I think I've solved my laundry dilemma. The everlasting mountain of laundry will be gone!

So here's my idea:

Each person in the family will get a color. Like red for Nathan, because he looks great in red. He will get five of the exact same red shirt, a pair of jeans and a pair of khakis. AND THAT'S IT (well, he can have red underwear and socks too, because I'm generous like that)!

I already do laundry everyday, the problem is that the quantity overwhelms me. So this way, I can easily sort a small amount of clothing, get it hung up, and voila! Laundry's done. No need for socks in every color for Brenna, because she only wears pink! Five pairs of pink socks, and they are all hers! If she gets food all over, no problem, because we'll just change her shirt to another just like it!

This is awesome. I'm a genius. I'll even let them pick a new color every year or as they grow out of the old stuff, whichever comes first.

I guess they'll also need one set of dress up clothes... and a couple sets of jammies... and swim suits... crap. Wait, their old shirts can become the jammies! Yes! Another problem solved!

Seriously, this is what I think about while I face my own personal Mt. Everest.

1 comment:

  1. The never ending story started out as a story about laundry.....and it's still going. True story.

    ReplyDelete